Dimond Box 125 Gutter Profile
All dimensions given are nominal
Effective cross sectional area (with 15mm free board)
Minimum recommended fall
1:500 (2mm in 1 m)
Minimum downpipe - Circular
Minimum downpipe - Rectangular
min. cross sectional area of 4125mm², smallest dimension at least 50mm
Catchment area per downpipe based on the above flow capacity is given in the following table.
|Rainfall Intensity (mm/hr)||40||50||60||70||80||90||100||120||140||160||180||200|
|Catchment Area per downpipe (m²)||168||134||111||96||84||75||67||56||48||42||37||33|
Material options including thickness and grade
0.55mm 1/2 hard
|External||Hot dipped galvanised||3mm x 32mm|
|External||Aluminium||5mm x 30mm|
|External||Brass||3mm x 30mm|
|External||Stainless steel||3mm x 30mm|
Recommended bracket maximum spacings
Steel - 900mm spacing (refer to installation section for snow load bracket guide where snow fall is possible)
Aluminium - 450mm internal, 600mm external
Screw or nail fastenings to suit substrate
Attention to the following details is required to ensure the expected system performance is achieved.
- The selection of the type and grade of gutter and bracket material and fasteners must be based on the life expectancy required and the severity of the external and internal environments. Refer Sections 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 2.2.3 of Roofing & Cladding Technical Manual.
- Site storage that keeps the product dry and protected from damage.
- Product handling that prevents surface damage.
- Correct installation of the brackets and gutter.
- Allowance for thermal expansion and contraction.
- Sufficient fall to permit complete surface water drainage, allowing the gutter to completely dry out and not hold water.
- Control of allowable contact with dissimilar materials. Refer Section 18.104.22.168 of Roofing & Cladding Technical Manual.
- Awareness and implementation of maintenance requirements, particularly for surfaces not washed by natural rainfall. Refer Section 22.214.171.124 Roofing & Cladding Technical Manual.